Saturday, 11 June 2011

The Steps

First off, let me explain the long absence. It has to do with one being technologically challenged. I got a new computer at the beginning of this year and I am yet to figure out how to get photos from my camera to the computer. The old computer had an easily accesible slot for the transfer, but I am yet to figure out how to do it on this computer. In fact, the photos here were first transferred to the old computer (which had been boxed up ready for sale) or are from my phone. So until I can figure things out my blogging may be patchy.

So anyway, during Grandma June's last visit she made unrelenting attemptings to get Azkia walking. Attempts such as these:

As you can see from the videos, he needed a lot of persuasion and even then he would only take a few steps to the person who would catch him. By the time June left, we had pretty much given up and decided we should just be boring, supportive parents, not try and force him to try walking and just let him do it when he is ready.

Turns out that the problem was the right stimulus. A day after June left, we took him out to the park (London is full of them). Without any prompting, he just got up and started walking. We were surprised and suitably impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment